September 11-12, 2018
Rodgers Investment Consulting welcomes you to attend the 14th annual Aboriginal Trust and Investment Workshop. The two-day workshop is designed to educate and engage participants in discussion on the fundamentals of Aboriginal Settlement Trusts and Investment Management.
For the 14th Workshop our theme will be sustainability and how to ensure that principle is incorporated into the management of your capital. Settlements with Canada, Impact Benefit Agreements and Aboriginal and Industry Partnerships have the potential to create significant wealth for communities. Many of these agreements will also result in Trusts or long term capital pools. This year’s Workshop will address some of the issues related to these trusts and capital pools.
Another key area being explored is the potential impact of U.S. regulatory changes through FATCA and FBAR on non U.S. investors who invest in U.S. securities. Currently many Aboriginal Trusts and capital pools are paying unnecessary U.S. withholding taxes. Learn how to keep this money in the community providing benefits to your citizens.
- Effectively Manage and Invest Settlement
- Capital and Resource Revenue
- Learn about Successful Strategies from Communities across Canada
- Meet leading Tax, Trust Law, and Investment Experts
- Building Endowments from Resource Revenue Impact and ESG Investing
- FACTA AND FBAR compliance for Canadian Trusts
- Fiduciary Duty & conflict of Interest
- The “Investment Challenge Game”
- Appropriate Business Structures
- Impact Benefit Agreements and Industry Partnerships
This workshop is hosted by Rodgers Investment Consulting